DAPAS (Deploying AAL Packages at Scale) aims at delivering a innovative solution, which is based on the needs of older adults and their relatives. The project will bring together successful outputs of previous AAL projects, like Emma, DALIA, zocaalo, kwido and RelaxedCare, developed from different companies in different countries. These innovative solutions will be combined to one product that can be distributed on a larger scale thus to improve quality of life of many people.
First, DAPAS will integrate differentiated service packages that increase security, supports activities of daily living and facilitates communication. Secondly, DAPAS will build up the organizational and technical structures and framework around the packages that allow for a distribution and plug & play installation in a bigger scale. Thirdly, DAPAS will evaluate the impact of the packages on users and the installation and distribution process in three countries – Portugal, Luxembourg and Austria – with varying culture and languages.
The General Objectives of the project are:
- Combine and adjust existing resources in projects and products (DALIA, Emma, RelaxedCare) whose success has been previously proven and form AAL support packages in this project;
- Create organizational and technical structures for an easy and large-scale distribution of DAPAS support packages;
- Evaluate the process of configuring and distributing a multinational and multilingual AAL solution (a process not covered in most AAL projects so far), validating the approach developed in the DAPAS project and applying the learning in its business strategy;
- Evaluate the impact and acceptance of AAL packages by users to apply the learning in their business strategy;
- Demonstrate the benefits of using a solution that provides AAL packages to end users through assessment, including relevant measures in the study.