AVIK – EXCHANGE OF INTERCULTURAL SKILLS FOR SOCIAL INCLUSION
The Avik Project is co-funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union. Avik aims the exchange of intercultural skills for social inclusion. The objective of this project is to transfer, adapt regionally and evaluate 3 good practice models from 3 European project partners, for all European partners and other institutions.
Social integration is a process that depends on society as a whole, especially on each other’s sympathy and an open attitude towards the non-native population. This process is achieved through meetings, debates and communications, as well as finding similarities and differences and adopting a collaborative responsibility on both sides (native and non-native population).
The AVIK project integrates three “best practice” models:
- The Dinner Club, an intercultural and interreligious meeting space with a diverse program structure, art exhibitions and live music, among other activities;
- RefuGame, which is a board game that encourages intercultural communication and mutual understanding between the native and non-native population, providing the opportunity to obtain essential information on classical behavioral rules, communication, education and work, daily life, free time activities and traditions and customs.
- New Start, which consists in a set of educational material that conveys European values such as freedom, equality, tolerance and civil rights for understanding and integration.
The aim is to transfer these three models to all European AVIK project partners so that they can be adapted and enhanced.
The AVIK project is coordinated by the German organization WHKT – Westdeutscher Handwerkskammertag, having as partners Cáritas Coimbra (Portugal), Centre for the Greek Language (Greece), CIAPE – Centro Italiano per L’Apprendimento Permanente (Italy), VondiConsulting Unternehmensberatung Vondrak KG (Austria), AC Amics de la Biblioteca de la Fonteta (Spain) and Datca Ilce Milli Egitim Mudurlugu (Turkey). This is a project funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Union.
MAIN TASKS OF CDC IN THE PROJECT:
Cáritas Coimbra has as its main tasks:
- Host of the C2: SP-ADULT-SHORT – short-term joint staff training events (in Coimbra) – April 2020
- Compilation and layout of 2 project newsletters (PDF)
- Layout of various project documents (cross-cultural board game, manual)
- Translation of all relevant documents into Portuguese
Project Name: Exchange of intercultural skills for social inclusion
Project Acronym: AVIK
Start date: 01/09/2019
End date: 31/08/2020
Total Budget: 12 490,00€
Project Coordinator: WHKT – Westdeutscher Handwerkskammertag
- Cáritas de Coimbra (Portugal)
- Centre for the Greek Language (Grécia)
- CIAPE – Centro Italiano per L’Apprendimento Permanente (Itália)
- VondiConsulting Unternehmensberatung Vondrak KG (Áustria)
- AC Amics de la Biblioteca de la Fonteta (Espanha)
- Datca Ilce Milli Egitim Mudurlugu (Turquia)
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.