The Improving Digital Empowerment for Active Healthy Living (IDEAHL) project aims at developing and testing new models and approaches of (digital) health literacy intervention through the co-creation of a comprehensive and inclusive EU (d)HL Strategy.
The primary purpose of the project will be to empower EU citizens in using digital tools to take a more active role in the management of their own health and well-being, as well as supporting social innovations for person-centred care models.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Mapping of health literacy (HL) and (digital) health literacy ((d)HL) research in the EU and beyond;
- Foster knowledge exchange – network of “champions” and “survivors” from the identified (d)HL practices;
- Co-creation and development of a European Strategy in improving d(HL) for all;
- Pilot initiatives (including monitoring and impact evaluation);
- Develop a set of EU monitoring mechanisms and indicators to assess HL and (d)HL levels and their evolution in Member States;
- Engage with stakeholders, including health and non-health sectors, such as education, innovation, healthcare, social services, Medtech, media, etc, along with citizens and patients, with inclusion of vulnerable groups, in the co-creation, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the strategy. Ensure support by EU, national, and local policy makers.
CDC INVOLVEMENT IN THE PROJECT:
Cáritas de Coimbra (CDC) will be involved in the mapping of health literacy (HL) and (d)HL research, initiatives, and projects in the EU and beyond. It will collaborate with partners to define best practices and champions in these areas, and it will assist in the design and creation of a EU (d)HL Strategy. At the later stages, along with other project countries, CDC will pilot and evaluate some of the initiatives and actions identified by the EU Strategy.
Cáritas de Coimbra will have an active role in the review of deliverables, evaluation of the pilot activities and in the dissemination of results.
Project Name: Improving Digital Empowerment for Active Healthy Living
Project Acronym: IDEAHL
Start date: 01/05/2022
Funding scheme: Horizon Europe Framework Programme (HORIZON)
Call: HORIZON-HLTH-2021-STAYHLTH-01-03 – Healthy citizens 2.0
Total Project Costs: 2 791 350 €
Project Coordinator:Regional Ministry of Health of Asturias (CSPA) – (SPAIN)
- Regional Ministry of Health of Asturias (CSPA) – Affiliated Entities (AE): Asturias Healthcare Service (SESPA); Foundation for Promotion of Research and Technology in Asturias (FICYT)
- Consulta Europa Projects and Innovation (CE)
- Institute for older care and sheltered house services
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology Spain (RMIT)
- E-SENIORS (E-SENIORS)
- European Institute of Women Health (EIWH)
- Central European Initiative (CEI)
- Ministry of Labour, Health, Social, Family Affairs and Integration of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg (MLHSA)
- University College of Northern Denmark (UCN)
- Mälardalen University (MDH)
- Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (SeAMK)
- ADIPER – Socio-sanitary services (ADIPER)
- All Digital – Digital Skills Across Europe (All Digital)
- Caritas Coimbra (CDC)
More Information: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101057477
Funding for this research is provided by EU Horizon 2020 – Project Improving Digital Empowerment for Active Healthy Living, Grant agreement no. 101057477.